November 5, 2009

Seminar memo - Tallinn, Estonia 10/2009

My name is Sanna (22 years) and I am writing from Jyväskylä, Finland. I have been practising iaidô since September 2008. I was one of the 43 people attending Takada Sensei's seminar in Tallinn, Estonia 22.-26.10.2009. It was very delightful to see so many people come together from Estonia, Finland and Sweden, to practise and learn new.

The training started on Thursday afternoon and we had full days of training from Friday to Sunday. I had only two to three training sessions a day, but for students on more advanced level there were up to six training sessions per day varying in contents.

Monday was also a bit shorter and the training ended before noon because there was a dan grading in the afternoon and after that a party, in which I was not able to participate, but fortunately, every evening there was an opportunity to have dinner with Sensei and ask questions. I was at the dinner on Sunday when among answering other questions Sensei told us how he became interested in iaidô and he actually remembered it to the date!

The important points that Sensei emphasized in his teaching many times during the seminar were kokoro, shisei and technique, in the order mentioned. I am sure that this is one of the things people took with them when leaving back home, with everything else they had learned and with the will to better themselves still.

Thank you Sanna-chan for sharing your seminar memo!

No comments: