July 7, 2009

Akihiro - the youngest student in Takada Dôjô

1) What is your name?
-"Akihiro."

2) How old are you?
-"11 years old."

3) What is your nationality?
-"Japanese."

4) When did you start iaidô?
-"In 2005."

5) What made you start?
-"My grandfather suggested it to me."

6) Have you participated in iai demonstration? What was it like?
-"Yes, I have. I've been happy with my performances, because even if I felt nervous I could do the things I'd been practicing."

7) What do you think about Takada Gakudô Sensei's style related to iaidô and training?
-"It's great! Besides kata I can also learn about manners, traditions and so on from Takada Gakudô Sensei."

8) What kind of a teacher is Takada Gakudô Sensei?
-"He is very interesting because he doesn't teach just iaidô, but also many other things, like for example about life and finding the right spirit. He always emphasizes the importance of combining budô and education/studying (lifelong learning)."

9) What would you like to say to someone who is thinking about starting iaidô?
-"You should really try it! Iaidô helps you to improve your inner strength, concentration, shisei and composure. I recommend iaidô to other elementary school students too."

Yokohama, Japan 2009/7/5

No comments: